COVID compliant racing – additional requirements for runners.
Until ALL restrictions are lifted, the following rules are in place and MUST be adhered to.
- There will be NO entry on day at races.
- DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, TURN UP AT A RACE AND HOPE TO ENTER ON THE DAY. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND REQUIRED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY.
- ALL races will be pre-entry only. Priority will be given to BOFRA members. Entries will close at 10pm on the Wednesday evening prior to the race, or sooner should the race fill up before then. An entry list will be produced on the Thursday before the race and posted on the BOFRA website. Please check to make sure you have an entry. Should you not be able to run an entered race, please let us know ASAP. Failure to inform us within a reasonable time or without valid reason could result in future entries being rejected. Entry is achieved by completing and submitting the online race entry form FOR EACH RACE. Payment is by submitting a sealed envelope containing cash/cheques on the day. The envelope must have your name, club and BOFRA membership number (if you are a member) on the front. There is a lot of trust involved in this method of payment. Please do not abuse this trust as any future race entries will be rejected/refused.
- When collecting numbers and paying, participants should remain 2m from each other or 1m+ with face coverings (a doubled-up buff will suffice).
- Participants must practise good personal hygiene at all times. Please bring your own personal hand sanitizer (70%+ alcohol) – and use: before arriving, at registration, when using toilets (if provided), before and after the race.
- You must not attend any race if you are showing any signs of Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature,
- a new, continuous cough,
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
In addition, do not attend if you have :
- been in contact with anyone showing any signs of Covid-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
- been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace service,
- travelled within the last 14 days to an international location where self-isolation is required following your visit.
- For each race category (U9, U12, U14, U17, SENIORS) there will be an upper limit of 100 runners. In all cases, preference will be given to BOFRA members.
- For each junior race, where there are more than 30 entries, the boys and girls will have staggered starts to help enforce social distancing.
- Seniors will be expected to socially distance and self-seed on the start line with faster runners at the front.
- One Parent/Guardian per Junior athlete is allowed for supervision.
- ALL runners including juniors MUST wear a mask/face covering on the start line (a buff is a face covering).
No face covering. No race. No arguments.
- In addition to any other kit requirements it is recommended that all runners carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser.
- Participants should avoid running in the slipstream of other participants. Overtaking on course must, where practicable, be done at a safe distance of 2m+, or 1m with face covering.
- Marshals should maintain a 2m distance from participants. Where this is not possible, 1m+ with face coverings must be adhered to.
- Spectators must not gather in groups of more than 6.
- For ALL races, including juniors, the start and finish areas will be limited to competitors ONLY to prevent congestion.
- When supporting, please do so away from the start and finish areas and maintain social distancing from other spectators.
- Participants should disperse as soon as possible after finishing. Crowding round the finish funnel will not be allowed.
- Households should arrange to reconvene afterwards, at a pre-arranged location away from the finish.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms and/or have a positive test within 72 hours of the race, you must inform BOFRA (email@example.com).
- If you test positive you should complete the UKA Covid-19 Report Form here.
- There will be no presentation after the race nor will results be available at the race on the day. Results will be posted on the BOFRA website and to Facebook. Prizes will be retained until such time as we are able to do post-race presentations, at which point we will present for all previous races.
- Races may be cancelled at the last minute, so check the FRA / BOFRA website or emails for any new details. Please appreciate these may be imposed on Race Organisers at the very last minute and will be completely out of their control.
The rules can be downloaded as a pdf here
A lot of time and effort has gone into the organisation of these races by volunteers. Please help us to keep everyone safe.